Cold weather help is available to elderly, families with small children, or chronically homeless persons facing the challenges of the bitter cold.
Hardee Help Center provides:
- blankets, and/or space heaters as resources are available when cold weather is forecasted
- temporary lodging as resources are available when cold weather reaches below mid and low 30 degrees
Who is eligible:
- elderly, family with small children, and chronically homeless persons
- those living in housing without access to heat (i.e., central heat, space heaters, blankets, etc.)
How a person can apply on their own:
- Temporary lodging, blankets, and/or space heaters can be applied for during office hours:
Monday - Friday, 9AM - 2PM at 713 East Bay Street, Wauchula, or call 863-773-0034 for more information during those times.
How a CONCERNED CITIZEN can notify HHC of their concern for an individual?
- Blankets and/or space heaters - Contact the HHC during normal business hours to provide the person's name, phone number, and home address, OR for 12/10 - 12/11 Weekend Assistance, complete the form below.
- Temporary Lodging - Have the homeless individual contact the HHC during normal business hours to apply for assistance. Provide any information you may have on the individual as this may be a familiar person to the HHC.